Northern Michigan Wedding Guide - Spring 2009 Edition
Archived Spring 2009 edition of the Northern Michigan Wedding Guide, your guide to northern Michigan weddings and engagements.
- Cover Story Erin and Stuart Pettijohn, who are pictured on the cover of this issue of the Wedding Guide, first met in biology class while students at Alma College.
- You're Invited Keep in mind, invitations to your wedding should reflect just that: Your style.
- Get Pampered On the day of the wedding, any size group can be accommodated for hair, nails and makeup.
- Photography When Noah Grieves was back in high school, one of his teachers converted an old janitor’s closet into a dark room.
- Flowers A wedding without flowers would be like a wedding without, say, a bride or groom. Something, the guests would murmur, is missing.
- Gown Trends 2009 For brides who want to be in-step with the latest fashion trends, 2009 is a year of nostalgia.
- Gift Ideas Jennifer Shorter has a motto: If you’re going to a wedding, and you’re from Northern Michigan, you must take a Petoskey stone with you as a gift.
- The Catering Weddings make people hungry. Maybe it’s all that hugging and kissing and conversation. After that, there’s a noticeable shift toward the chafing dishes.
- Sweet Beginnings Gretel Steckler certainly has all the right ingredients: German roots, a lifetime passion for baking and even a name that conjures up visions of confections.
- Reception Hosting a wedding reception in an art gallery is a trend that’s been occurring in larger cities for some time, and now it is attracting attention in Northern Michigan, too.
Up North Bride Home » Spring 2009 Wedding Guide